5 Tips for Making Your Language School Experience a Success
- Don’t be embarrassed about your language ability. Know that you’re there to improve.
- Embrace every opportunity both in and out of school, to practice speaking the language. Whether it’s ordering a coffee, or practicing your grammar in a workbook with your class, or talking to the locals, make sure it’s always in their language.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand someone or something.
- Play by the rules of your language institute—you’re there to get the most out of the experience, so don’t slack off or break the rules.
- Know that the teachers and administrators at the school are there to help you—use their expertise to help you navigate the language, culture, and your new environment.