Plan Ahead and Start Your Summer in Spain
Do something different this summer and celebrate these upcoming festivals, Spanish-style, when you arrive for your Greenheart Travel language homestay in Spain or participate on our language school program in Madrid.
June - Festival of San Juan
- Celebrated all over the South of Spain, and includes the lighting of bonfires and fireworks, delicious food and music.
July - San Fermin Running of the Bulls
- The fiesta of San Fermin is Pamplona’s famous running of the bulls which begins on July 7. Bull runs are at 8am each morning.
July - Feast of Saint James
- Thousands of pilgrims who have walked the Camino de Santiago congregate in Santiago de Compostela where the Saint’s tomb lies in the Cathedral.
Mid-July Benicassim Festival
- The Benicassim Festival is a four day music festival which takes place in mid-July every year on the coast of Valencia. Well known international bands and artists attract vast numbers of music fans from around the world.
July – Fiesta of Near Death Experiences
- The Fiesta of Near Death Experiences takes place in As Neves in Galicia in July. Participants pay homage to Santa Marta in gratitude for allowing them to avoid death after a close encounter. They are carried in coffins by family and friends during these unforgettable processions.
July -Trujillo International Music Festival
- Every July the historic city of Trujillo in Extremadura transforms into an international platform for the finest classical musicians in the world.