Join the Team
Interested in joining the Greenheart Travel team? It's a great organization to be a part of and we have a variety of ways to get involved.
We are currently hiring for 1 paid position, Work Abroad Program Manager. Scroll to read more about the position and how to apply.
Word Abroad Program Manager
- Type of Position: Full Time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9-5:30
- Location: 200 W Superior St, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60654
What we’re looking for:
Do you book a trip abroad every chance that you get? Do you get a thrill convincing your friends to take the leap to travel or move overseas? Would you love to work in a dynamic role with a group of people relentlessly struck by the travel bug, and are constantly hanging out after work to plan their next trip? Are you ready to change lives by inspiring people to take the leap to move abroad? Do you believe in the power of travel and cultural exchange to change the world?
We are looking for someone who will oversee Greenheart Travel’s Work Abroad Programs. The Program Manager will be in charge of the division’s sales, program management, and outreach. The primary focus of this position will be growing the enrollments for the programs that fall within the work abroad division portfolio. This position will also be responsible for visiting local hospitality schools and connect with university staff to develop potential partnerships. The ideal candidate for the Program Manager position will have experience in sales and ideally will have participated in a work abroad program themselves.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic traveler and passionate supporter of anyone looking to get out of their comfort zone and travel abroad. We’re looking for someone who has a sales mindset, but who’s able to apply a keen attention to detail and support new and experienced travelers alike as they embark on a work abroad program.
Greenheart Travel is growing rapidly, so we’re looking for someone who is highly adaptable and able to actively contribute to new ideas, growth and constant improvement. We have a small staff, and each person wears many hats, and our roles are constantly evolving. Every staff member has input in the brainstorming and direction of our department.
Some things you might do as the Work Abroad Program Manager:
- Greenheart Travel program administration (Sales, Recruitment, Program Management) for Work Abroad programming:
- Develop strategic marketing plan with Director of Greenheart Travel and Associate Marketing Director to effectively promote these programs
- Recruit Greenheart Travel Participants by successfully engaging all leads and opportunities using a variety of prospecting methods
- Write blogs, update website and other promotional materials for the Work Abroad programs
- Administer programs through Salesforce.com
- Conduct regular industry competitive analysis ensuring we are implementing necessary changes to stay on top of the competition
- Work with Director and Outreach Coordinator to execute new outreach approaches for the Tourism & Hospitality Programs
- In conjunction with Outreach Coordinator, visit hospitality schools and universities to develop strategic partnerships
Some qualifications you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years sales and/or program management experience
- Extensive travel experience (experience living or working abroad highly preferred especially with experience within the hospitality industry)
- Social media and blogging experience (experience with professional social outreach preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM preferred
- Dedication to cultural exchange, travel and a passion for learning about other cultures
- Proactive, diligent, positive & creative self-starter with exceptional ability to learn quickly
- Great work ethic and excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Can manage multiple priorities and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing, flexible, with a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Comfortable on the phone and can connect with groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus incentives and benefits
Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by filling out the application or sending your resume and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources Generalist, at HR@greenheart.org. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.
Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
- Type: Unpaid internship, temporary, 12 weeks with possible extension for an additional 10 weeks
- Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours available Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m.
- Location: Greenheart Travel Office, Chicago, IL
- 2018 Start Dates:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
- October – December
The Greenheart Travel Volunteer Intern will assist management and staff with data entry, interviewing candidates, phones, and various other administrative duties. Some of the intern’s duties may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers with daily administration of Greenheart Travel Teach & Work Abroad programs
- Review and process Teach program applications
- Ensure timely receipt of participant applications and follow up as instructed by Program Managers
- Assist in creating web content to update existing pages or to create new ones
- Interview candidates who have submitted applications via Skype
- Interface with participants when necessary on aspects of program administration
- Write and update program orientation materials as needed
- Assist the programs managers with other tasks as assigned
- Assist with web and blog content
- Research new and competing Teach Abroad programs
- Help with creative Marketing ideas to promote programs; using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Sales & Recruitment
- Work with Program Manager on Salesforce data entry and program management
- Help the Travel Abroad department meet the goal of outbound participants nationally in the calendar year
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries as needed
- Assist with lead generation and follow up through the Salesforce CRM system
- Assist with maintaining program listings with web directories and placing ads
- Help coordinate travel and study abroad fairs, school presentations, information sessions and other networking events to be determined
General Office Administration
- Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects, etc.
- Assist with other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed
Volunteers should be creative, self-directed, and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing personality and experience with an enthusiasm for international travel. Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful
To Apply: Please send your desired internship start date, your weekly availability, and attachments (resume, cover letter, and a writing sample) to Courtney Guengerich at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs.