Join the Team
Interested in joining the Greenheart Travel team? We don't blame you, it's a pretty great organization to be a part of and we have a variety of ways to get involved.
Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
Type: Unpaid internship, temporary, 12 weeks with possible extension for an additional 10 weeks
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours available Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m.
Location: Greenheart International Office, Chicago, IL
Start Date: ASAP
The Greenheart Travel Volunteer Intern will assist management and staff with data entry, interviewing candidates, phones, and various other administrative duties. Some of the intern’s duties may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers with daily administration of Greenheart Travel Teach & Work Abroad programs
- Review and process Teach program applications
- Ensure timely receipt of participant applications and follow up as instructed by Program Managers
- Assist in creating web content to update existing pages or to create new ones
- Interview candidates who have submitted applications via Skype
- Interface with participants when necessary on aspects of program administration
- Write and update program orientation materials as needed
- Assist the programs managers with other tasks as assigned
- Assist with web and blog content
- Research new and competing Teach Abroad programs
- Help with creative Marketing ideas to promote programs; using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Sales & Recruitment
- Work with Program Manager on Salesforce data entry and program management
- Help the Travel Abroad department meet the goal of outbound participants nationally in the calendar year
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries as needed
- Assist with lead generation and follow up through the Salesforce CRM system
- Assist with maintaining program listings with web directories and placing ads
- Help coordinate travel and study abroad fairs, school presentations, information sessions and other networking events to be determined
General Office Administration
- Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects, etc.
- Assist with other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed
Volunteers should be creative, self-directed, and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing personality and experience with an enthusiasm for international travel. Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful
To Apply: Please send your desired internship start date, your weekly availability, and attachments (resume, cover letter, and a writing sample) to Courtney Guengerich at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
VOLUNTEER Short-Term Programs INTERN POSITION
Type: 3-Month Internship
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours 10:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Greenheart Travel Office, Chicago, IL
Start Date: As soon as possible
Greenheart Travel is personally invested in providing cultural immersion programs around the world that change lives, advance careers and create leaders. We partner with organizations and governments overseas that empower their local communities through experiential learning and practical development. Through travel and cultural exchange, we help individuals reach their full potential, leading to a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally sustainable world.
- Current university student – preferably in Communications or International Studies.
- Dedication to cultural exchange, travel and/or passion for learning about other cultures.
- Outgoing, flexible personality with a willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful.
- A genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
- Preferences: Experience living or traveling abroad
Assist the Program Managers with the Following Tasks:
- Respond to program inquiries via email and phone.
- Data entry and following up with leads and applicants.
- Assist in interviewing participants for various teach abroad programs
- Write for Greenheart Travel’s blog.
- Moderate Greenheart Travel Facebook groups and other social media tasks as assigned.
- Mail program materials to participants.
General Office Administration
- Answer and transfer phone calls to the main office line; Check voicemail.
- Answer the door, greet guests, and distribute mail to staff.
- Check office inventory such as printer paper and shipping materials.
This is an unpaid internship.
To Apply: email resume and cover letter to HR@greenheart.info with Subject heading: Greenheart Travel Fall Short-Terms Programs Internship
Greenheart Travel Outreach Coordinator
- Department: Greenheart Travel
- Type: Full-time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Location: 200 W Superior St, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60654
Greenheart International connects people and planet to create global leaders through personal development, volunteer service, environmentalism, fair trade, and cultural exchange. This is achieved through the branches Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, Greenheart Transforms, and CCI Greenheart.
Greenheart Travel is personally invested in providing cultural immersion programs that change lives, advance careers and create leaders. We achieve this by partnering with organizations and governments overseas that empower their local communities through experiential learning and practical development. We provide others with the same positive travel experiences in which we ourselves engage.
Through travel and cultural exchange, we help individuals reach their full potential, leading to a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally sustainable world.
What we’re looking for:
Do you book a trip abroad every chance that you get? Do you get a thrill convincing your friends to take the leap to travel or move overseas? Would you love to work in a dynamic role with a group of people relentlessly struck by the travel bug, and are constantly hanging out after work to plan their next trip? Are you ready to change lives by inspiring people to take the leap to move abroad? Do you believe in the power of travel and cultural exchange to change the world?
We are looking for someone who will oversee Greenheart Travel’s outreach, networking, and business development efforts. The Outreach Coordinator will work on developing new and reinforcing existing partnerships with universities and high schools by leveraging relationships of our alumni (Greenheart Travel’s program participants). This role will also be responsible for maintaining our alumni network by providing opportunities for mentorship, developing professional development resources, and maintaining a network of campus ambassadors. Furthermore, Greenheart Travel is working to build its name in the Chicago area; the person in this role will be attending and hosting local networking events & conferences. Ultimately, this role is intended to bring new participants to Greenheart Travel’s programs through getting in front of potential participants and developing meaningful partnerships with alumni and schools. It will require personal engagement with alumni and persistence. The Outreach Coordinator will be required to explain the details of the programs we have and inspire interested teachers/administrators/alumni to bring our programs to their networks.
Greenheart Travel is growing rapidly, so we’re looking for someone who is highly adaptable and able to actively contribute to new ideas, growth and constant improvement. We have a small staff, and each person wears many hats, and our roles are constantly evolving. Every staff member has input in the brainstorming and direction of our department.
Some things you might do as the Outreach Coordinator:
- Develop meaningful relationships with alumni, high schools and universities
- Make presentations in front of potential participants and teachers/administrators at schools or other venues
- Connect with Greenheart Travel’s participants, alumni and prospects via social media and Facebook groups
- Foster partnerships both informal and formal with high schools and universities
- Manage Alumni Program for Greenheart Travel
- Utilize star alumni as ambassadors for Greenheart Travel
- Active member of the Greenheart Outreach Team
- Actively engage with other non-profits and organizations in the Chicago area
- Think outside the box and have a firm grasp on the big picture of our competitive position within our industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive travel experience (experience living or teaching abroad highly preferred)
- Dedication to cultural exchange, travel and a passion for learning about other cultures
- Proactive, diligent, positive & creative self-starter with exceptional ability to learn quickly.
- Great work ethic and excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Outreach and business development experience (track record of developing genuine, meaningful relationships with partners)
- Existing network with Chicagoland high schools, universities, or non-profit organizations highly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM preferred
- Keen attention to detail
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Can manage multiple priorities and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing, flexible, with a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Comfortable on the phone and can connect with groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds
Compensation: $39,000 plus incentives and benefits
Sound like the perfect fit? Tell us WHY! Please send your resume and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources and Project Coordinator, at HR(AT)greenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.
Interested in other opportunities with Greenheart International? Check out our company-wide job board for additional listings.