Join the Team
Interested in joining the Greenheart Travel team? We don't blame you, it's a pretty great organization to be a part of and we have a variety of ways to get involved.
Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
Type: Unpaid internship, temporary, 12 weeks with possible extension for an additional 10 weeks
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours available Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m.
Location: Greenheart International Office, Chicago, IL
Start Date: ASAP
The Greenheart Travel Volunteer Intern will assist management and staff with data entry, interviewing candidates, phones, and various other administrative duties. Some of the intern’s duties may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers with daily administration of Greenheart Travel Teach & Work Abroad programs
- Review and process Teach program applications
- Ensure timely receipt of participant applications and follow up as instructed by Program Managers
- Assist in creating web content to update existing pages or to create new ones
- Interview candidates who have submitted applications via Skype
- Interface with participants when necessary on aspects of program administration
- Write and update program orientation materials as needed
- Assist the programs managers with other tasks as assigned
- Assist with web and blog content
- Research new and competing Teach Abroad programs
- Help with creative Marketing ideas to promote programs; using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Sales & Recruitment
- Work with Program Manager on Salesforce data entry and program management
- Help the Travel Abroad department meet the goal of outbound participants nationally in the calendar year
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries as needed
- Assist with lead generation and follow up through the Salesforce CRM system
- Assist with maintaining program listings with web directories and placing ads
- Help coordinate travel and study abroad fairs, school presentations, information sessions and other networking events to be determined
General Office Administration
- Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects, etc.
- Assist with other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed
Volunteers should be creative, self-directed, and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing personality and experience with an enthusiasm for international travel. Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful
To Apply: Please send your desired internship start date, your weekly availability, and attachments (resume, cover letter, and a writing sample) to Courtney Guengerich at email@example.com with the subject heading Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
Greenheart Travel Salesforce Administrator
- Department: Greenheart International, reporting to Greenheart Travel
- Type: Part-time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: 20 hours/week, M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. flexible times between these hours
- Location: 200 W Superior St, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60654
Greenheart International connects people and planet to create global leaders through personal development, volunteer service, environmentalism, fair trade, and cultural exchange. This is achieved through the branches Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, Greenheart Transforms, and CCI Greenheart.
Greenheart Travel is personally invested in providing cultural immersion programs that change lives, advance careers and create leaders. We achieve this by partnering with organizations and governments overseas that empower their local communities through experiential learning and practical development. We provide others with the same positive travel experiences in which we ourselves engage.
Through travel and cultural exchange, we help individuals reach their full potential, leading to a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally sustainable world.
What we’re looking for:
Would you love to work in a dynamic role with a group of people relentlessly struck by the travel bug, and are constantly hanging out after work to plan their next trip? Are you ready to change lives by supporting a team that inspires people to take the leap to move abroad?
We are looking for a part time Salesforce administrator to assist with the development of our Salesforce instance and associated apps connected with Salesforce. Greenheart Travel uses Salesforce as its primary database to collect and nurture leads through intricate use of workflows. We collect information through forms as part of each participants’ application to our abroad programs. We use applications associated with Salesforce to collect electronically signed terms and conditions, payments, etc. In addition to using Salesforce to handle all our participants’ sales, applications and payments, we use the database to manage our business development connections with a network of high schools and universities.
The primary responsibility of this role will be to maintain and develop our instance of Salesforce. The person in this role will be reporting to the Director of Greenheart Travel, but will be working extensively with the heads of the sub-departments within Greenheart Travel and their Program Managers to redesign sales workflows, streamline the use of fields on different objects, edit page layouts etc. The Salesforce Administrator will be the primary contact for any helpdesk type requests. They will also be the primary contact for liaising with Salesforce developers when more extensive development work is required.
In addition to working with Greenheart Travel, the Salesforce Administrator will assist other departments within Greenheart on smaller Salesforce projects.
Greenheart Travel is growing rapidly, so we’re looking for someone who is highly adaptable and able to actively contribute to new ideas, growth and constant improvement. We have a small staff, and each person wears many hats, and our roles are constantly evolving.
Some things you might do as the Salesforce Administrator:
- Work with program managers to redesign sales process workflows
- Create new application forms in FastForms in our transition from Form Assembly
- Manage a Salesforce helpdesk for ad hoc fixes and small projects
- Design reports and dashboards to manage sales performance and program management tasks
- Redesign page layouts for easier use
- Research new salesforce-related applications that may be of use for Greenheart Travel
- Assist in development and maintenance of Salesforce ticketing system
- Assist other departments within Greenheart with Salesforce as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce administration
- Knowledge of FastForms, Calendly, Form Assembly, Conga Composer or similar programs
- Good at managing and prioritizing a set of tasks
- Extensive travel experience preferred but not required
- Proactive, diligent, positive & creative self-starter with exceptional ability to learn quickly.
- Great work ethic and excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Can manage multiple priorities and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing, flexible, with a willingness to learn and take initiative
- Comfortable on the phone and can connect with groups of all ages, nationalities, ethnicities and backgrounds
Compensation: $33,000/year (based on 20 hours/week)
To Apply: Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY! Please send your resume and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources and Project Coordinator, at HR(AT)greenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.