Join the Team
Interested in joining the Greenheart Travel team? We don't blame you, it's a pretty great organization to be a part of and we have a variety of ways to get involved.
Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
Type: Unpaid internship, temporary, 12 weeks with possible extension for an additional 10 weeks
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours available Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m.
Location: Greenheart International Office, Chicago, IL
Start Date: ASAP
The Greenheart Travel Volunteer Intern will assist management and staff with data entry, interviewing candidates, phones, and various other administrative duties. Some of the intern’s duties may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers with daily administration of Greenheart Travel Teach & Work Abroad programs
- Review and process Teach program applications
- Ensure timely receipt of participant applications and follow up as instructed by Program Managers
- Assist in creating web content to update existing pages or to create new ones
- Interview candidates who have submitted applications via Skype
- Interface with participants when necessary on aspects of program administration
- Write and update program orientation materials as needed
- Assist the programs managers with other tasks as assigned
- Assist with web and blog content
- Research new and competing Teach Abroad programs
- Help with creative Marketing ideas to promote programs; using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Sales & Recruitment
- Work with Program Manager on Salesforce data entry and program management
- Help the Travel Abroad department meet the goal of outbound participants nationally in the calendar year
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries as needed
- Assist with lead generation and follow up through the Salesforce CRM system
- Assist with maintaining program listings with web directories and placing ads
- Help coordinate travel and study abroad fairs, school presentations, information sessions and other networking events to be determined
General Office Administration
- Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects, etc.
- Assist with other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed
Volunteers should be creative, self-directed, and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing personality and experience with an enthusiasm for international travel. Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful
To Apply: Please send your desired internship start date, your weekly availability, and attachments (resume, cover letter, and a writing sample) to Courtney Guengerich at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
VOLUNTEER Short-Term Programs INTERN POSITION
Type: 3-Month Internship
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours 10:00am – 5:00pm
Location: Greenheart Travel Office, Chicago, IL
Start Date: As soon as possible
Greenheart Travel is personally invested in providing cultural immersion programs around the world that change lives, advance careers and create leaders. We partner with organizations and governments overseas that empower their local communities through experiential learning and practical development. Through travel and cultural exchange, we help individuals reach their full potential, leading to a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally sustainable world.
- Current university student – preferably in Communications or International Studies.
- Dedication to cultural exchange, travel and/or passion for learning about other cultures.
- Outgoing, flexible personality with a willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful.
- A genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
- Preferences: Experience living or traveling abroad
Assist the Program Managers with the Following Tasks:
- Respond to program inquiries via email and phone.
- Data entry and following up with leads and applicants.
- Assist in interviewing participants for various teach abroad programs
- Write for Greenheart Travel’s blog.
- Moderate Greenheart Travel Facebook groups and other social media tasks as assigned.
- Mail program materials to participants.
General Office Administration
- Answer and transfer phone calls to the main office line; Check voicemail.
- Answer the door, greet guests, and distribute mail to staff.
- Check office inventory such as printer paper and shipping materials.
This is an unpaid internship.
To Apply: email resume and cover letter to HR@greenheart.info with Subject heading: Greenheart Travel Fall Short-Terms Programs Internship 2016
Please continue to check back for future job opportunities.
Interested in other opportunities with Greenheart International? Check out our company-wide job board for additional listings.