Join the Team
Interested in joining the Greenheart Travel team? We don't blame you, it's a pretty great organization to be a part of and we have a variety of ways to get involved.
Greenheart Travel Volunteer Marketing Intern Position
- Type: 3-Month Volunteer Internship
- Hours: 10-15 hours per week, Monday – Friday; flexible hours 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Location: Greenheart Travel Office, Chicago, IL
- Start Date: Winter 2018
Greenheart Travel is personally invested in providing cultural immersion programs around the world that change lives, advance careers and create leaders. We partner with organizations and governments overseas that empower their local communities through experiential learning and practical development. Through travel and cultural exchange, we help individuals reach their full potential, leading to a more tolerant, peaceful and environmentally sustainable world.
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking, self-directed and flexible
- Strong understanding of various social media platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, iMovie, basic editing and filming is preferred
- Strong writing ability for web and social media outreach
- Familiarity with WordPress and blog editing is ideal
- Knowledge of working with templates and styles in Microsoft Word
- Outgoing, flexible personality with a willingness to learn; applicant should be a proactive, diligent, positive and creative self-starter; possess great work ethic and excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- A genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
- Experience living or traveling abroad is preferred
Greenheart Travel Marketing Outreach
Support marketing assistant’s efforts for the department by helping to create and publish content based on the marketing calendar outline. The following includes, but is not limited to, the potential tasks and responsibilities as a volunteer marketing intern.
- Blog Editing:
- Help optimize photos, edit for spelling/grammar and finalize copy for article submissions
- Social Media:
- Seek out external content to post on Facebook such as travel-related articles and inspiring program-specific videos
- Collaborate on creating promotional stories for Snapchat and Instagram, as needed
- Flyers and Collateral Materials:
- Assist with formatting flyers and various other print materials according to design templates
- Compile, optimize and create images in Photoshop to insert into promotional materials
- Video and YouTube:
- Help film and/or edit one short-form video to publish on YouTube and Instagram/Facebook
- Contribute to updating videos, descriptions, and playlists on YouTube
General Office Administration
Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects and other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed.
This is an unpaid internship.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter and writing sample* to HR@greenheart.info with Subject heading: Greenheart Travel Marketing Winter Internship 2017-2018
*Submit a writing sample in the form of a blog post (including images) about why your past travel abroad experiences were meaningful to you.
Please include links to personal/professional blogs you contribute to and writing samples that apply.
Please note that large files may be blocked. If you are worried about files not being received please verify it was sent in a separate email.
Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
- Type: Unpaid internship, temporary, 12 weeks with possible extension for an additional 10 weeks
- Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours available Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m.
- Location: Greenheart International Office, Chicago, IL
- Start Date: Early January, 2018
The Greenheart Travel Volunteer Intern will assist management and staff with data entry, interviewing candidates, phones, and various other administrative duties. Some of the intern’s duties may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers with daily administration of Greenheart Travel Teach & Work Abroad programs
- Review and process Teach program applications
- Ensure timely receipt of participant applications and follow up as instructed by Program Managers
- Assist in creating web content to update existing pages or to create new ones
- Interview candidates who have submitted applications via Skype
- Interface with participants when necessary on aspects of program administration
- Write and update program orientation materials as needed
- Assist the programs managers with other tasks as assigned
- Assist with web and blog content
- Research new and competing Teach Abroad programs
- Help with creative Marketing ideas to promote programs; using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Sales & Recruitment
- Work with Program Manager on Salesforce data entry and program management
- Help the Travel Abroad department meet the goal of outbound participants nationally in the calendar year
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries as needed
- Assist with lead generation and follow up through the Salesforce CRM system
- Assist with maintaining program listings with web directories and placing ads
- Help coordinate travel and study abroad fairs, school presentations, information sessions and other networking events to be determined
General Office Administration
- Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects, etc.
- Assist with other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed
Volunteers should be creative, self-directed, and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing personality and experience with an enthusiasm for international travel. Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful
To Apply: Please send your desired internship start date, your weekly availability, and attachments (resume, cover letter, and a writing sample) to Courtney Guengerich at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs.
We aren’t currently hiring right now, but please check back in the future!