Join the Team
Interested in joining the Greenheart Travel team? It's a great organization to be a part of and we have a variety of ways to get involved.
Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs:
- Type: Unpaid internship, temporary, 12 weeks with possible extension for an additional 10 weeks
- Hours: 15 hours per week minimum; flexible daily hours available Monday – Friday, 9:00a.m. – 5:30p.m.
- Location: Greenheart Travel Office, Chicago, IL
- 2018 Start Dates:
- January – March
- April – June
- July – September
- October – December
The Greenheart Travel Volunteer Intern will assist management and staff with data entry, interviewing candidates, phones, and various other administrative duties. Some of the intern’s duties may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Program Managers with daily administration of Greenheart Travel Teach & Work Abroad programs
- Review and process Teach program applications
- Ensure timely receipt of participant applications and follow up as instructed by Program Managers
- Assist in creating web content to update existing pages or to create new ones
- Interview candidates who have submitted applications via Skype
- Interface with participants when necessary on aspects of program administration
- Write and update program orientation materials as needed
- Assist the programs managers with other tasks as assigned
- Assist with web and blog content
- Research new and competing Teach Abroad programs
- Help with creative Marketing ideas to promote programs; using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Sales & Recruitment
- Work with Program Manager on Salesforce data entry and program management
- Help the Travel Abroad department meet the goal of outbound participants nationally in the calendar year
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries as needed
- Assist with lead generation and follow up through the Salesforce CRM system
- Assist with maintaining program listings with web directories and placing ads
- Help coordinate travel and study abroad fairs, school presentations, information sessions and other networking events to be determined
General Office Administration
- Assist in general office administrative tasks when needed. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the phones, copying, assisting in large mailing projects, etc.
- Assist with other programs within the Travel Abroad department as needed
Volunteers should be creative, self-directed, and flexible with excellent written and oral communication skills. Outgoing personality and experience with an enthusiasm for international travel. Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Photoshop, WordPress a plus; knowledge of social media outlets helpful
To Apply: Please send your desired internship start date, your weekly availability, and attachments (resume, cover letter, and a writing sample) to Courtney Guengerich at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Volunteer Internship for Teach English & Work Abroad Programs.
We are not currently hiring for any paid positions within the Greenheart Travel department. Please check back! Greenheart International’s job openings can be found here.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.