Learn from some of the best chefs in the world in this culinary paradise of a country!
Greenheart Travel’s Culinary & Hospitality program in Spain allows for a customizable internship where you can put your educational background and skills to practice in an authentic professional environment. During our international hospitality program, you could work in one of our highly-esteemed hotels or Michelin starred restaurants in Spain.
Being one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, Spain has endless opportunities to gain valuable hands on experience in the hospitality industry that will ultimately set you apart from your peers.
Program at a Glance
*Applicants are responsible for checking with their university internship office or adviser about receiving credit for this internship.
Have questions for a program manager? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
All program fees are listed in USD
Internship program start dates and contracts are customizable. We recommend applying at least 4 months before your desired departure date.
What’s not included in the program fee?
All interns are placed in well-established, luxury hotels and Michelin restaurants across Spain.
During your application process you will complete our placement preference form to inform us on your desired job position and placement location. Video interviews will follow all application submissions.
Interns have a wide array of placement locations to choose from. We offer placements across Spain that are not limited to Catalonia, Andalusia, Madrid, Galicia, and Castilla la Mancha.
Available positions include Cook, F&B, Booking, Front Desk, Guest Services/Events, Housekeeping, Spa, Sales & Marketing, HR, and Management.
Culinary & Front Desk Placements
Positions in culinary do not require knowledge of the Spanish language. On the other hand, front desk positions require a conversational level in both Spanish and English.
Salary and Hours
Wages will vary from 100 euros to 300 euros per month, with housing and meals provided. You can expect to work 14-hour days 5-6 days a week with meal breaks.
Shared housing will be provided—all expenses/utilities paid. No security deposit necessary. These will often be simple, furnished studios with beds, basic linens, and a small kitchen. Housing can be off site or on site depending on the accommodation availability of the employer.
There are advantages of applying for this program through us:
We also have some unique offerings to our Greenheart Travel participants and alumni!
Read more about why people are choosing Greenheart Travel: Why Choose Greenheart Travel?
1. Start Your Application Here: Greenheart Travel Application. This first step includes things like your name, address and chosen start date and should take around 10-15 minutes to complete. Once complete, you will receive a link to a digital Terms and Conditions form.
2. Sign the Terms & Conditions (Approximately 10 Minutes): These are our basic policies like cancellation policies, deferral policies, etc.
3. Submit your deposit (Approximately 5 minutes): A $300 deposit is required in order to apply for the program. This is subtracted from your total program fee. If we are unable to accept you following your interview (very unlikely!) we will refund your deposit in full.
4. Secondary Application Form (Approximately 30 Minutes): Provide more detailed information about yourself in Part 2 of the application. Links to this part will be emailed to you. In this section, you’ll tell us more information like your work history, motivations for joining the program, travel history, and emergency contacts.
5. Submitting Your Documents: Submit your required documents (below) at the link provided.
6. Skype Interview (Approximately 10-15 Minutes): Once you have submitted your online application and paid your application deposit, you will be asked to schedule a video interview with a Greenheart Travel representative.
7. You’re accepted! Woohoo! We are usually able to accept people within a 1-2 weeks of their interviews.
8. Commitment Deposit: Once you are accepted to the program, you will need to submit a $300 commitment deposit within 14 days to confirm your spot on the program.
9. Book your flights, and get ready for your adventure to Spain!
It is not required for participants to earn credit during this program. However, it can be a great way to fulfill university internship or credit requirements! Here are a few tips:
Have questions or want to talk to the Program Manager, Zoe? Set up a time to chat below.
Picture yourself in Spain!