Spain Culinary and Hospitality Internship
Learn from some of the best chefs in the world in this culinary paradise of a country!
Greenheart Travel’s Culinary & Hospitality program in Spain allows for a customizable internship where you can put your educational background and skills to practice in an authentic professional environment. During our international hospitality program, you could work in one of our highly-esteemed hotels or Michelin starred restaurants in Spain.
Being one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, Spain has endless opportunities to gain valuable hands on experience in the hospitality industry that will ultimately set you apart from your peers.
Program at a Glance
- Guaranteed placement at high end hotel or restaurant—Michelin placements available!
- Placements all around Spain
- Flexible start dates
- 3 to 12-month contracts with option to extend
- 100+ internship hours
- Accommodation & meals provided
- International medical and accident insurance
- Visa assistance
- Certificate upon completion of program
*Applicants are responsible for checking with their university internship office or adviser about receiving credit for this internship.
Have questions for a program manager?
Email us at email@example.com
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
- 18-35 years old
- Nationality from a country that is eligible for a Spanish visa
- Be a current university student in Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary Arts, and related fields.
- Desire to pursue a career in Hospitality.
- Be self-motivated, disciplined, and have a positive attitude.
- No criminal record including underaged drinking charges, DUIs, misdemeanors, etc.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus, but not necessary for Culinary placement
- 3-month placement: $2,190
- 6-month placement: $2,430
- 12-month placement: $2,900
All program fees are listed in USD
Internship program start dates and contracts are customizable. We recommend applying at least 4 months before your desired departure date.
- Guaranteed placement at renowned hotels and Michelin restaurants
- Monthly stipend
- Shared accommodation
- International medical and accident insurance for duration of program
- Vetting of host company & program offer quality
- Monitoring and evaluation of internship
- Visa application assistance
- Assistance to obtain Spanish ID documents and Social Security numbers
- Pre-departure support and orientation from an experienced Greenheart Travel Program Manager
- In-country support from our Spain-based partner
- 24-hour emergency support & service
- Professional certificate upon completion of program
What’s not included in the program fee?
- International airfare
- Personal expenses (extra meals, commuting, travel, etc.)
Jobs and Salary
All interns are placed in well-established, luxury hotels and Michelin restaurants across Spain.
During your application process you will complete our placement preference form to inform us on your desired job position and placement location. Video interviews will follow all application submissions.
Interns have a wide array of placement locations to choose from. We offer placements across Spain that are not limited to Catalonia, Andalusia, Madrid, Galicia, and Castilla la Mancha.
Available positions include Cook, F&B, Booking, Front Desk, Guest Services/Events, Housekeeping, Spa, Sales & Marketing, HR, and Management.
Culinary & Front Desk Placements
Positions in culinary do not require knowledge of the Spanish language. On the other hand, front desk positions require a conversational level in both Spanish and English.
Salary and Hours
Wages will vary from 100 euros to 300 euros per month, with housing and meals provided. You can expect to work 14-hour days 5-6 days a week with meal breaks.
Shared housing will be provided—all expenses/utilities paid. No security deposit necessary. These will often be simple, furnished studios with beds, basic linens, and a small kitchen. Housing can be off site or on site depending on the accommodation availability of the employer.
1. You can start the application here: Greenheart Travel Application.This first step includes things like your name, address and chosen start date and should take around 10-15 minutes to complete. Once complete, you will receive a link to a digital Terms and Conditions form.
2. Sign our online Terms and Conditions Document. These are our basic policies like cancellation policies, deferral policies, etc.
3. Submit your $300 deposit. A deposit is required in order to apply for the program and is subtracted from your total program fee. We only have the resources to interview serious applicants for this program, which is why we require the deposit before the interview. We get thousands of applications each year, and while we wish we could meet everyone, we only have the time to interview those who are committed to participating. If we are unable to accept you following the interview (very unlikely!) we will refund your deposit in full.
4. Provide more detailed information about yourself in Part 2 of the application. Links to this part will be emailed to you. In this section, you’ll tell us more information like your work history, motivations for joining the program, travel history, and emergency contacts.
5. Submit your required documents (below) at the link provided.
6. Schedule your video interview! Once you have submitted your online application and paid your application deposit, you will be asked to schedule a video interview with a Greenheart Travel representative.
7. You’re accepted! Woohoo! We are usually able to accept people within 1-2 weeks of their interviews.
8. Once you are accepted onto the program, you will need to submit a $300 commitment deposit within 14 days to confirm your spot on the program and begin the placement process.
9. Placement process begins with Skype interviews with potential employers when applicable, followed by a job offer!
10. Remainder of program fee due after acceptance of job offer at the chosen hotel or restaurant.
11. Book your flights and get ready for your adventure in Spain!
- Background Check (securely run by Greenheart Travel for US Citizens. Non-US Citizens must obtain their own National Level Background Check and submit it to Greenheart Travel prior to acceptance.
- Copy of Passport
It is not required for participants to earn credit during this program. However, it can be a great way to fulfill university internship or credit requirements! Here are a few tips:
- Plan ahead! Be sure to check with your internship office to inquire about whether this internship program can qualify for academic credit at your school.
- If it does, you’ll need to ask about the steps necessary to obtain credit. This often means getting approval and enrolling in an internship course or writing reflection papers.
- In some cases, we will be able to work with you for the internship to meet your university’s requirements— just ask!
- If you cannot get credit for your internship, we’d still love to have you for this invaluable internship program!
Schedule a Call
Have questions or want to talk to the Program Manager, Zoe? Set up a time to chat below.