Thailand's Tourism & Hospitality internship program is an opportunity to gain real-world work experience in a thriving global industry.
Greenheart Travel’s Tourism & Hospitality program in Thailand is an opportunity to gain real-world work experience in a thriving and competitive global hospitality industry. In our international hospitality internship program, you’ll work in one of a wide range of hotel and restaurant positions in one of Thailand’s top tourist destinations, learning the ins and outs of the operations of the dynamic high end hotel industry.
As the destination of nearly 30 million international tourists each year, Thailand is a perfect place to start a career in the hospitality industry.
Program at a Glance:
*Applicants are responsible for checking with their university internship office or adviser about receiving credit for this internship.
Have questions for a program manager? Email us at email@example.com
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
Internship program start dates are customizable, and determined by your availability and the needs of the hiring company. We recommend applying at least 4 months before your desired departure date.
What’s not included in the program fee?
Does your hospitality program have specific internship requirements? Let us know what the requirements are, and we will work with you to build a program that matches your needs!
Our placements are arranged with well-established, renowned international tourism and hospitality companies, including luxury 4-5* hotels & resorts and fine dining restaurants.
Depending on your career goals and experience level, we offer both Hospitality Practical Training Programs and Hospitality Management Training.
During your application process, you’ll complete our placement preference form, where you’ll tell us what sort of work and setting you’re looking for. We will then connect you directly with the hiring managers at our partner companies, and you’ll interview with them via Skype.
Most participants are placed in hotels and restaurants in Bangkok and Phuket, with a smaller number placed in Chiang Mai, Koh Samui Island, and other Thailand tourist destinations.
It’s important to be flexible on location in order to increase your chances of finding a job well-suited to your skills and background.
Available positions and programs include Restaurant Manager trainee, Food Service & Bar, Sommelier, Sales & Marketing, Culinary Arts, Front Office & Guest Services, Receptionist, Revenue & Reservation, Sports, Leisure & Beach Activities, and Golf Management.
Salary and Hours
Wages will vary, but average around 10,000 Thai baht (~$300USD) per month, with housing provided. Positions without housing provided will pay slightly higher.
You can expect to work around 50 hours per week (generally 10 hours per day including 1 hour break for lunch, 5-6 days per week).
Many employers will provide you with shared-room accommodation. Those that don’t provide accommodation will pay slightly higher to offset your housing costs. In that case, our in-country team will assist you in finding accommodation. This will generally be simple, furnished studios costing 3000-6000 baht/month including utilities. This may be shared or solo accommodation, depending on your preferences and availability.
You may be expected to put down a security deposit of 100-300USD for your accommodation.
There are advantages of applying for this program through us:
We also have some unique offerings to our Greenheart Travel participants and alumni!
Read more about why people are choosing Greenheart Travel: Why Choose Greenheart Travel?
1. Start Your Application Here: Greenheart Travel Application. This first step includes things like your name, address and chosen start date and should take around 10-15 minutes to complete. Once complete, you will receive a link to a digital Terms and Conditions form.
2. Sign the Terms & Conditions (Approximately 10 Minutes): These are our basic policies like cancellation policies, deferral policies, etc.
3. Submit your deposit (Approximately 5 minutes): A $300 deposit is required in order to apply for the program. This is subtracted from your total program fee. If we are unable to accept you following your interview (very unlikely!) we will refund your deposit in full.
4. Secondary Application Form (Approximately 30 Minutes): Provide more detailed information about yourself in Part 2 of the application. Links to this part will be emailed to you. In this section, you’ll tell us more information like your work history, motivations for joining the program, travel history, and emergency contacts.
5. Submitting Your Documents: Submit your required documents at the link provided.
6. Skype Interview (Approximately 10-15 Minutes): Once you have submitted your online application and paid your application deposit, you will be asked to schedule a video interview with a Greenheart Travel representative.
7. You’re accepted! Woohoo! We are usually able to accept people within 1-2 weeks of their interviews.
8. Commitment Deposit: Once you are accepted to the program, you will need to submit a $300 commitment deposit within 14 days to confirm your spot on the program.
9. Book your flights, and get ready for your adventure to Thailand!
Program deposits are non-refundable if you withdraw or cancel your program.
See more Greenheart Travelers in action on Instagram at #greenhearttravel!