Thailand Tourism & Hospitality Internships
Thailand's Tourism & Hospitality internship program is an opportunity to gain real-world work experience in a thriving global industry.
Greenheart Travel’s Tourism & Hospitality program in Thailand is an opportunity to gain real-world work experience in a thriving and competitive global hospitality industry. In our international hospitality internship program, you’ll work in one of a wide range of hotel and restaurant positions in one of Thailand’s top tourist destinations, learning the ins and outs of the operations of the dynamic high end hotel industry.
As the destination of nearly 30 million international tourists each year, Thailand is a perfect place to start a career in the hospitality industry.
Program at a Glance:
- Guaranteed paid placement in a high end hotel
- Hospitality internship placements in top Thailand tourist destinations
- Internship or Management Training tracks available
- Flexible start dates
- Accommodation or housing stipend provided
- 6 month and 12 month placements
- International medical & accident insurance
- Visa sponsorship & assistance
- Professional reference letter upon completion of program
*Applicants are responsible for checking with their university internship office or adviser about receiving credit for this internship.
Have questions for a program manager? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Be 18-35 years old
- Current university student or recent graduate (within the last 24 months) in Business, Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Hotel/Restaurant Management, or related field
- Conversational English language skills required, additional languages are a plus
- Desire to pursue a career in Hospitality
- Be motivated and disciplined
- Clean criminal record
- $1,000 in savings to support yourself when you arrive
- $1,800 USD (6 months)
- $2,250 (12 months)
Internship program start dates are customizable, and determined by your availability and the needs of the hiring company. We recommend applying at least 4 months before your desired departure date.
- Guaranteed placement in paid position in hotel, restaurant, or related company
- Monthly stipend (Averages 10,000 Thai baht (~$300USD) per month)
- Shared accommodation or housing stipend & assistance is provided
- International medical & accident insurance for the duration of program
- Vetting of host company & program offer quality
- Visa sponsorship and assistance with visa application process
- Pre-departure support and orientation from an experienced Greenheart Travel Program Manager
- In-country support from our Thailand-based partner
- Visa paperwork assistance
- 24-hour emergency support and service
- Professional reference letter upon completion of program
What’s not included in the program fee?
- Visa application fees (about $80 USD) and costs of gathering and mailing documents
- Medical checkup (about $25 USD)
- Visa renewal fees while in Thailand (about $200 USD per visa renewal necessary every 3-months)
- International airfare
- Meals (housing may be provided, depending on employer)
- Personal expenses
Does your hospitality program have specific internship requirements? Let us know what the requirements are, and we will work with you to build a program that matches your needs!
Jobs and Salary
Our placements are arranged with well-established, renowned international tourism and hospitality companies, including luxury 4-5* hotels & resorts and fine dining restaurants.
Depending on your career goals and experience level, we offer both Hospitality Practical Training Programs and Hospitality Management Training.
During your application process, you’ll complete our placement preference form, where you’ll tell us what sort of work and setting you’re looking for. We will then connect you directly with the hiring managers at our partner companies, and you’ll interview with them via Skype.
Most participants are placed in hotels and restaurants in Bangkok and Phuket, with a smaller number placed in Chiang Mai, Koh Samui Island, and other Thailand tourist destinations.
It’s important to be flexible on location in order to increase your chances of finding a job well-suited to your skills and background.
Available positions and programs include Restaurant Manager trainee, Food Service & Bar, Sommelier, Sales & Marketing, Culinary Arts, Front Office & Guest Services, Receptionist, Revenue & Reservation, Sports, Leisure & Beach Activities, and Golf Management.
Salary and Hours
Wages will vary, but average around 10,000 Thai baht (~$300USD) per month, with housing provided. Positions without housing provided will pay slightly higher.
You can expect to work around 50 hours per week (generally 10 hours per day including 1 hour break for lunch, 5-6 days per week).
Many employers will provide you with shared-room accommodation. Those that don’t provide accommodation will pay slightly higher to offset your housing costs. In that case, our in-country team will assist you in finding accommodation. This will generally be simple, furnished studios costing 3000-6000 baht/month including utilities. This may be shared or solo accommodation, depending on your preferences and availability.
You may be expected to put down a security deposit of 100-300USD for your accommodation.
- You can start the application here: Greenheart Travel Application. This first step includes things like your name, address and chosen start date and should take around 10-15 minutes to complete. Once complete, you will receive a link to a digital Terms and Conditions form.
- Sign our online Terms and Conditions Document. These are our basic policies like cancellation policies, deferral policies, etc.
- Submit your $300 deposit. A deposit is required in order to apply for the program and is subtracted from your total program fee. We only have the resources to interview serious applicants for this program, which is why we require the deposit ahead of the interview. We get thousands of applications each year, and while we wish we could meet everyone, we only have the time to interview those who are committed to participating. If we are unable to accept you following your interview (very unlikely!) we will refund your deposit in full.
- Provide more detailed information about yourself in Part 2 of the application. Links to this part will be emailed to you. In this section, you’ll tell us more information like your work history, motivations for joining the program, travel history, and emergency contacts.
- Submit your required documents (resume and passport) at the link provided.
- Schedule your video interview! Once you have submitted your online application and paid your application deposit, you will be asked to schedule a video interview with a representative in Thailand.
- You’re accepted! Woohoo! We are usually able to accept people within a 1-2 weeks of their interviews.
- Once you are accepted to the program, you will need to submit a $300 commitment deposit within 14 days to confirm your spot on the program to being the placement process.
- Placement process begins with Skype interviews with potential employers, followed by a job offer!
- Remainder of program fee due 7 days after job offer.
- Book your flights, and get ready for your adventure to Thailand!
Program deposits are non-refundable if you withdraw or cancel your program.