Italy Camp Counselor
Spend seven weeks in Italy this summer working as a paid English camp counselor in the Alps and in seaside Tuscany!
Working abroad as a paid summer camp counselor in Italy will give you the chance to combine the nostalgia for the days full of fun, games, sunshine and friendship that you had during your summer breaks with an incredible cultural experience abroad. Start in the stunning Alps, and end seaside in Tuscany!
- 7 week paid summer program in Italy
- Working as summer camp counselor at an English and outdoors focused camp
- 1 week break seaside in Tuscany, including a 2-day tour of Tuscany
- €1,000 stipend at the end of the program
If you are full of energy, LOVE working with kids, and enjoy the outdoors, this is the perfect summer opportunity for you! The mountains and sea await!
Have questions for a program manager? Email us at email@example.com
*Program costs do not include the airfare to Italy or free time/travel spending.
Program Dates Deadline to Apply
June 14 – August 5, 2018 April 1 (Spots are very limited – apply ASAP)
- 7 week paid placement, divided between a camp in the Alps and a camp on the Tuscany coast
- All accommodations
- 3-meals per day while camp is in session, 1-2 meals per day during the week off
- 2-day tour of Tuscany
- Arrival orientation in Torino
- All transfers (airport pickup in Torino, transfer to Alps camp, transfer to coastal camp)
- International Medical and Accident Insurance
- Pre-departure support and orientation
- Local support
- 24/7 Emergency Line
- Italy Culture Guidebook
- Greenheart Travel T-shirt
- Native English Speaker
- Citizen of USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or the EU
- 20-25 years old
- Current university student or recent graduate
- No criminal record
- Be in great mental and physical health
- Education major, teaching experience, or experience with children strongly preferred
- Dynamic, extroverted and energetic personality
- Must LOVE working, teaching, and playing with children in a camp setting!
*While campers are there, counselors will be expected to be with the kids at all times. It will be a lot of fun, but also a lot of work, and will require you to be “on” for much of the program. We recommend this program for those with teaching and/or camp counselor experience…and tons of energy!
Students attend the camp for one week, so each week you’ll have a new group of students aged 8-13. During the week, you’ll spend most of your time with your kids, helping them improve their English through activities and games! Here’s a rough schedule of each day at camp:
9:00-12:30 : English “class” – games, activities, and crafts to help the kids practice their English with you
3:00-5:00pm: Outdoor or sport activities
8:45-10:30pm: Games, songs, or movies before bed
During camp sessions, you’ll have one morning and one evening off each week.
This is a very group-orientated program, so it’s important to be ready to spend lots of time with the kids and with your fellow camp counselors!
At the end of the final week of camp, you’ll be paid €1,000 (about $1,200 USD).
- June 14: Arrival in Torino
- June 15: Orientation with staff in Torino, and transfer to Bardoneccia camp in the Alps
- June 16 – July 15: Camp in Bardoneccia
- July 15 – 21: Vacation week in Marina di Massa, Tuscany (2-day Tuscany tour included)
- July 22 – August 5: Camp in Marina di Massa
At the end of camp, you’ll have 5 weeks left on your European visa. You’re welcome to fly home, travel independently in Italy, or add on a 1 month Teach English in a Homestay program!
Our spaces for this program are very limited. Those interested in the experience must apply and be selected. Applicants will be screened and accepted on a rolling basis. We recommend submitting your application and documents as early as possible to secure a position.
- Letter of motivation
- Criminal Record Check
- Copy of passport photo
Completing Your Application
You should plan on completing the online application in one sitting. The sooner you submit your application and deposit, the sooner we can start reviewing your application, set up your interview, and hear about your acceptance. With your application and deposit out of the way, you can start planning your upcoming adventure!
- Select the APPLY NOW button to the left. You will be sent your unique link to your online application immediately via email.
- Using the unique link emailed to you, fill out the general information application. This includes things like your name, address and chosen start date. Once complete, you will receive a link to a digital Terms and Conditions form.
- Once your Terms and Conditions are completed and signed, you’ll submit your $300 application deposit (non-refundable). A deposit is required in order to interview and to reserve your spot in the program. It is subtracted from your total program fee, not an additional fee. Only if we are unable to accept or place you for some reason, we will refund your deposit. Once the deposit is submitted we can begin preparing you for your adventure abroad.
- Provide more detailed information about yourself in Part 2 of the application. Links to this part will be emailed to you as well. In this section, you’ll tell us about your medical history, your motivation for joining the program, and your host family preferences.
- Schedule your Skype interview! Once you have submitted your online application and paid your application deposit, you will be asked to schedule a Skype interview with a Greenheart Travel representative. If you do not have a Skype account, please be sure to create an account before the date of your interview.
- Submit your required documents at the link provided.
- Once you are accepted to the program, you will need to submit a $300 commitment deposit to confirm your spot on the program.
- Book your flights, and get ready for your adventure!
- Signed Electronic Terms & Conditions
- Background Check (Securely run by Greenheart Travel for US Citizens. Non-US Citizens must obtain their own National Level Background Check and submit it to Greenheart Travel prior to acceptance).
- Scanned Bachelor’s Degree (if applicable)
- Scanned Passport
Reviewing Your Application
Greenheart Travel will thoroughly review your application and will contact you within 2-3 weeks to confirm your acceptance. This can only be done after we have all of your required documents, so please email those documents to us as soon as you have them. If we find something in your application that we have concerns about, we will let you know immediately. In some cases if you apply very early, it may take longer to obtain an acceptance decision. We will keep you updated in these situations.