Want to Teach in Italy? Here are Two Amazing Options
Are you considering teaching English in Italy but are confused about which program to choose? Greenheart Travel offers 2 teaching opportunities in a classroom or in homestay setting. The differences in these programs are subtle, so let’s clarify your options!
Here’s what you need to know about this 3-month teaching option to get started:
- Two annual start dates, one in the spring and one in the fall, corresponding with the Italian school schedule
- Participants teach Italian students in a classroom setting for approximately 15-20 hours per week
- Placements are only in the region of Piedmont in Northern Italy
- Teachers live with host families nearby to the schools
This program is also group oriented and you will travel and go through orientation with other teachers. This program is great for people who are interested in teaching in a school and learning about the education system in a foreign country.
The volunteer teach in Italy program also offers a little bit more structure, but with a little bit less flexibility.
In contrast to the classroom setting, the Teach English in a Homestay program is largely independent and offers 1-3 month travel commitments year round. In comparison to to the Volunteer Teach program, teachers:
- Tutor their homestay family in the home for about 15 hours a week
- Work directly with the family to create a curriculum and schedule based on the needs of the family members
- Must be highly adaptable as teachers are placed throughout the country based on host family availability and interests
- Enjoy a less structured, more flexible program while connecting them with a local family
Here’s the Breakdown of Options for Both Italy Experiences:
Regardless of which program you find is best for you, teaching in Italy will give you an excellent cultural immersion experience that will boost your resume while you travel for a change.
Summer camp in the mountains more your style? Check out our 2 week summer camp counselor program in the Alps!