Only have the summer to spend abroad and want to do something meaningful? These programs have summer only options.
Teach English & Work Abroad
We provide scholarships each year of over $12,000 to those who are considered First Time Travelers.
An interactive guide to help facilitate your experience. The Atlas will help you meaningfully engage with the rest of the world.
Your program doesn't have to end when you get home. We have full scholarship alumni programs for returned global leaders.
Teach in Thailand
Spend the summer teaching in Thailand! Please note this Summer short term program in Thailand is only available to already certified teachers – meaning you must have a completed bachelor’s degree in Education or a TEFL/TESOL certification of at least 100 hours.
Teach in Vietnam
Paid English teaching positions in schools throughout Vietnam with 2-month contract for just the summer.
Teach in a Homestay
Flexible start dates and contract lengths!
Live as a local does with this immersive short-term opportunity. Locations include: France, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Thailand, Argentina and Brazil! As an English tutor in a homestay, you will teach conversational English language lessons for 15 hours a week to your host family, and no teaching experience is necessary. This is a wonderful opportunity to dip your feet into life as an English teacher abroad for just the summer months. While this is a volunteer position, the rewards of this meaningful cultural exchange experience carry on long after you return home!
Committing to a program is an exciting time, and we are here every step of the way to make the application process as simple as possible.
Below are the steps you’ll need to take to be accepted on a Greenheart Travel program. Once you start your application, you have two weeks to finish.
1. Ensure Your Eligibility: The eligibility requirements, such as age or language proficiency, may be required for certain destinations. Please consult the individual program pages for more information.
2. Start Your Application Here (Approximately 5 Minutes): Greenheart Travel Application.
3. Sign the Terms & Conditions (Approximately 10 Minutes): After you complete Part 1 of your application, you will be asked to read through and sign our Terms and Conditions which outline the requirements and policies of the program.
4. Submit your deposit (Approximately 5 minutes): You will need to submit your $250 or $300 deposit at this point in the process. A deposit is required in order to reserve your spot on the program and is subtracted from your total program fee. It’s rare that our applications are denied, but if you are not accepted on the program you will be refunded the deposit.
5. Secondary Application Form (Approximately 30 Minutes): This is the most in-depth part of the application process as it helps us get to know you better. You will need to provide detailed information about yourself, why you want to go abroad, and what you hope to gain from your experience.
6. Skype Interview (Approximately 15 Minutes): The final step of the application process will require you to have a Skype interview with your program manager to discuss the program and your goals for the program.
7. Acceptance: Greenheart Travel will thoroughly review your application and will contact you within 2 weeks to confirm your acceptance. If we find something in your application that we have concerns about, we will let you know immediately. However, 95% of applicants are accepted on the program they apply for.
Your program manager will be in touch with you directly about your acceptance. You should expect to receive an program handbook via email, which talks more about your program, as well as supplemental information about dealing with culture shock and our insurance program. We will also schedule an online pre-departure orientation to answer any lingering questions you may have.