Travel for a change with a Greenheart Service Grant. Make a difference by creating or improving a community-focused project abroad or at home!
Greenheart Grants are funds awarded to Greenheart Travel participants and alumni to use for community development projects in their host or home country. A Greenheart Grant is the opportunity to create, improve, or maintain an impactful, community-focused project abroad or at home. Grant funds could be applied to supporting women’s cooperatives, schools, community events, or environmental sustainability projects, for example. Grant winners will be featured on our website, social media, and blog.
- Collaboration: The community should be the catalyst for the project. Community members must participate in all stages of the project from the planning, implementation, and maintenance.
- Sustainability: The project should have a clear plan to sustain itself after you leave. The more the community collaborates, the easier it will be to sustain the project.
- Positive Community Impact: The project must clearly benefit the community as a whole and not one individual.
Get inspired by our past Greenheart Grant winners and read their stories.
- Applicants must be a current or past participant in a Greenheart Travel Program and submit all required documents and application details by outlined deadlines.
- Complete the application on the Greenheart Club website.
- If awarded, the winner must agree to submit photos, a blog, and other documentation of their project to Greenheart Travel to share with our community.
Grants are awarded following three deadlines each year on January 1st, May 1st, and October 1st.