The TEFL Certificate: Your Passport to the World
Learn how to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) and open the door to international travel and work opportunities. There are many ways to teach abroad, but across all teachers and countries the best way to jumpstart the adventure is to get your TEFL certificate. You instantly become more marketable and effective, and our TEFL certificates are accredited around the world. With a TEFL certification and a Bachelor’s degree, you’ll not only qualify for all of our paid teach abroad jobs, but you’ll have the skills and qualifications to continue your traveling and to teach in almost any country. The hardest part will be deciding where to go.
- Online 170 Hour Professional TEFL Course (11 Weeks)
- Thailand On-Site TESOL Course + One Semester Teach Program
- Myanmar On-Site TESOL Course + One Year Teach Program
- Costa Rica On-Site TEFL Certification Course (4 Weeks)
- Chicago On-Site TEFL Certification Course (4 Weeks)
- Nicaragua On-Site TEFL Certification Course (4 Weeks)
Why should I get TEFL/TESOL Certified?
- Qualify to teach English in countries all around the world as you earn money and support yourself abroad
- Get a higher salary and better benefits than non-TEFL qualified teachers
- Learn the skills you need to become an effective teacher
- Be prepared to better contribute to your classroom and host community
- Avoid the stressful scramble of trying to learn how to teach at the same time that you’re adjusting to a new country, language, and culture
- Distinguish yourself in the competitive ESL market
- Get the high-quality teaching jobs that are only available to teachers with a degree or certification
TEFL and TESOL courses are interchangeable terms used to describe certification courses that train and qualify you to teach English internationally. TEFL = Teaching English as a Foreign Language; TESOL = Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Greenheart Travel is the leading North American teach abroad organization. That means we talk to ESL teachers regularly and understand the industry in and out. Our TEFL providers have all been recommended by our teachers, so you can be confident that these courses are already reviewed by the people that matter most.